For the first time in 94 years, the best golfers from European and American men’s teams will meet in the state of Wisconsin for one of golf’s most celebrated competitions: the Ryder Cup.
The slogan of the state of Wisconsin is “Dairy America” earn the designation to be one of the nation’s premier dairy producers. With that in mind, adidas Golf has assembled a herd of its designers to create a limited edition Stan Smith golf shoe that pays homage to the animals responsible for Wisconsin’s distinctive title: the cows.
The Stan Smith is a classic silhouette that adidas first introduced to golf earlier this year. adidas continues the tradition with this model, which will feature an all-white upper, a spotted cow print on the midsole and a touch of pink (pronounced) on the outsole.
The special insoles continue the theme of the mottled print, which includes the logo of a fictitious club – “Dairyland Golf Club“ – in honor of this historic place. As with all of our Stan Smith Golf models, the upper is partially made with recycled materials, this is all part of adidas’ mission as a brand to help END PLASTIC WASTE.
“Knowing how much this event would be anticipated, we wanted to do something different and unexpected” said Masun Denison, global director of footwear, adidas Golf. âWe’ve done a few designs around this competition in the past and thought it would be fun to look at the location as a whole, not just something that focuses on both teams. This idea of ââAmerica’s Dairyland kept coming back to us, so we decided to have fun with it.
This limited edition Stan Smith Golf features a spikeless adiwear rubber outsole with traction inspired by the shoe’s original sole design. A cutout PU sockliner and additional PU padding have been incorporated into the midsole to provide golf specific support at every step. The Dairy country The version is also waterproof (one year warranty) to help keep feet dry âuntil the cows come homeâ.
There are a few subtle features that adidas Golf have included to make them truly unique, like a special “MOOO” the endorsement of the cow itself on the tongue and a shoe bag that bears the theme of spotty printing with the END PLASTIC WASTE and “Dairyland Golf Club” logos.
This limited edition version of the Stan Smith Golf will be available in limited quantities on adidas.com, the adidas app and at select sales partners worldwide. from Monday, September 20.
Cover image via Adidas
- GET FIT: No. 1 ranked LPGA pro Nelly Korda plays with TSi1 rider – October 23, 2021
- TRAVEL: 16-guest Airbnb in Vermont with private golf course – October 22, 2021
- HOT TAKE: Morikawa is the next generation golfer, not Koepka – October 20, 2021
- STYLE: The ship launches the new collection of VLS tripod bags – October 15, 2021
- BREAKING: Robert Streb shoots career low 61 at CJ Cup – October 14, 2021
- BREAKING: NYC seeks to keep ferry point, but away from Trump – October 14, 2021
- STYLE: adidas Golf Release Limited Edition Stan Smith Golf Shoe – October 12, 2021
- STYLE: Play late in the season with the Stitch Golf Fall 2021 Collection – October 8, 2021
- LPGA Cognizant Founders Cup arrives in Mountain Ridge (NJ) – October 7, 2021
- TECH: Arccos Golf Hires Renowned Golf Data Analyst Lou Stagner – October 5, 2021
View all posts
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE STORIES